Here are Lena Klar’s signature trousers: the Katharine. As an unconditional comfort aficionado, I designed a pair of trousers you will want to live in! So comfortable that you will wear only them and nothing else! I borrowed the name from one of the most stylish Hollywood stars from the 40′: Katharine Hepburn. She was known for her feminine-masculine style, her fiercely private and independent attitude, and pioneer in a new movement in women’s fashion. Wearing trousers in public was, at the time, unheard of for women. She totally contradicted what a Hollywood starlet was expected to be.
The trousers are high waisted, tighten with a belt at the waistline, so that the top of the trousers is slightly puffy. Wide-legged trousers are cozy, they have a chic flow to them, and are very easy to wear, day and night! A large cuff underlines the bottom of the trousers for a retro-chic style. They are 2 small placket pockets. The Katharine trousers are lined to below the knee level with a soft cotton veil.
The trousers are made from tweed, a luxurious, soft, ethical, and sustainable Pure Wool from the famous English house Abraham Moon & Sons. Founded in 1837, Abraham Moon & Sons is recognized as one of the last remaining vertical woolen mills in Great Britain.
This piece of exceptional quality will allow your trousers to travel throughout the years in peace and so to be passed down to your daughters, nieces, sisters… For a new life!
The Katharine trousers are sewn by Claudia, our exceptional seamstresses, with quality and durability in mind. Honoring our commitment to sustainability and ethically sourced materials, all our garments are made using high-quality leftover fabrics from larger couture houses.
* Ninn is 5ft10 and wearing the S.
- Trousers: 100% soft, Ethical and sustainable Pure Wool from the Abraham Moon & Sons House, made with great care for the sheep’s welfare. If you want to learn more about it, we welcome you to follow this link https://www.moons.co.uk/about-us/sustainability/
- belt: 100% Boiled wool in dark blue color from Abraham Moon & Sons House.
- Lining: 100% soft cotton veil.
- made from deadstock wool.
To learn more about the fabrics we use, click here.
All our garments are made to order. Your Katharine trousers will be ready within a week. We will send you a confirmation email with all the information concerning the delivery of your order when it’s ready.
1. Always put your tweed piece back on a hanger when you remove it. It prevents it from deforming and wrinkling. If the tweed is slightly wrinkled, the first step is to leave it on a hanger for 24 or 48 hours so that it will naturally straighten. Then you can iron it with an iron at a very low temperature, using a press cloth to protect the tweed.
2. Steaming: This practice provides the safest and gentlest finish and freshening for woolens. Steaming reduces wrinkling and kills most germs and bacteria, helping eliminate odors. If the item isn’t actually dirty, you don’t need to take it to the dry cleaners. Instead, save money and reduce wear on an item from the cleaner by steaming it at home.
3. If the trousers have spots, you can try to remove them with a little lukewarm water and Marseille soap. Do not use hot water, because tweed is wool, and wool does not like it!
4. if your pants are too stained, bring them to the dry cleaner, this will allow you to keep them in good condition. Consider eco dry cleaning: typical dry cleaning uses a large amount of water and chemicals that are harmful to our environment.